Bear Boating serves seniors (age 60+), active duty military, veterans, or disabled. Please use the calendar below to begin the scheduling process.
Important Changes for the 2021 Season:
- All guests must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The Facility/Group coordinator is responsible for ensuring that guests are vaccinated.
- The Facility/Group coordinator is responsible for monitoring guests for potential COVID-19 symptoms and confirming guests have no symptoms prior to transporting to the dock. Guests who cannot meet monitoring thresholds will not be allowed on the boat.
- Guests must not have had a positive COVID-19 test within the last 14 days.
- Because of the need for social distancing, the maximum number of guests is 6 people. There is a maximum of two wheelchairs on a trip.
- No food or drink may be brought onto the pontoon.
- We are unable to offer fishing trips this year because of the need for social distancing.
- Guests must wear a mask during boarding and debarking activities. Masks are optional during the trip itself.
- Facilities (such as care centers, senior centers, senior living) — please limit initial sign-ups to twice a month.
- Groups (families, member organizations, etc.) — please limit sign-ups to twice per summer.
- If you need a special time other than those listed, please contact [email protected]
- Please review the instructions below for scheduling options.
Online Scheduling Instructions
If you have less than 6 in your group - DO NOT SCHEDULE ONLINE. Call the White Bear Area Senior Center at 651-653-3121 for available trip dates and times.
Are all 6 people on the trip FULLY VACCINATED for COVID-19? If yes, follow the instructions below.
- Select the date and the time — if the time is not available on the date you select, use the back arrow to select a different date.
- Complete the form with your Facility/Group name and contact information.
- You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your request; if you do not receive an email stating your request was received, email us at [email protected]
- The trip scheduler will confirm your trip when finalized.
- If you do not receive an email from us within a week of the trip date stating “your trip has been confirmed,” email us at [email protected] or call 651-341-3017.